The Shared Facilities Business is an old business. It arises from the fact that persons needing the facility do not always necessarily need the entire facility, have the knowledge to outfit and prepare the facility or have the large sum of money upfront to put up the facility.
This is where comes the Shared Facilities Business. The first version of Shared Facilities were boarding houses and hotels. They were started mainly for the traveller or out of town worker whom had yet to get their own home or need one so permanent due to their temporary nature. As prices of things or scale of facilities grew, hence came the providers of more variants to Shared Facilities.
Below are a list that may not be comprehensive nor segregated accurately but you will get the idea. Maybe you could also suggest a few more.
- Shared Residences. This is the segment where boarding houses, rented rooms, motels, hotels, guest houses, shared houses, serviced apartments and more. This caters to the temporary to more long term segments. A losely associated element could be rented houses and apartments. Basically any facility for the purpose of living.
- Shared Offices. This is the segment where business persons may setup temporary to permanent operations for their first business location to a regional representation of their business. In this segment you would have the serviced and bare rental segment. It is interesting to note that the virtual office is also hosted in environments like this. Shared Serviced Office Business has been growing rapidly around the world. Here in Malaysia it has grown very rapidly over the last few years. The style and options are very wide. From the neighbour hood provider till the prestigiously located address provider right up to the regional and international provider.
- Shared Retail Locations. This segment is where retail space located in shop houses or lots till malls are rented from bare to fully prepared. This would include stalls and kiosks.
- Shared Meeting facilities. meeting rooms, conference rooms, seminar rooms,
- Shared Storage. This segment has the traditional warehousing all the way to the newer self storage facilities. The different segments provide differences in sizes, availability right down to supporting service solutions.
- Shared Exercise facilities. Gyms, team building locations and more.
- Shared Education facilities. Tuition Centres, training centres,
- Shared Medical facilities. Hospitals today provide facilities, tools and administration support to attending medical specialist in return for a share of the returns of a charge for facilities used. Private sector medicine is growing with this model in leaps and bounds.
Note that the Business Ideas segment is to give ideas and is just to encourage people whom are looking to start a business. Be it for additional income, just looking for change or opportunity. Information provided is just on a level of concepts generally, some level of detail may be provided as example only. It is best should an individual or group of individuals wishing to use the idea to do through research prior to implementing the ideas. Most of the ideas require adaptation and also further detailing to be even ready for deployment. Take it as a seed. The writers and the host platform is not responsible for any results arising from the use of any ideas that have been made available free of charge in seed form.